Past Event (watch this space)
EFT Clinical Forum
Led by Gulya Diyarova, ICEEFT Certified EFT therapist and supervisor, EFT International School, Director
‘Where Are You…? Where Am I…?’
How Does Polyvagal theory inform EFT Clinician?
Limited number of participants
(please do not delay reserving your place as the event has generated a lot of interest before a formal announcement already!)
Since Stephen Porges proposed his Polyvagal Theory (1994), which linked the role of Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) in managing risks and safety through changing our physiological state to the emergence of Social Engagement behaviour, it has arguably become one of the most promising and innovative developments to impact the therapy world in the past 25 years.
It was called ‘Science of safety’ (D. Dana, 2018), science of feeling safe enough to fall in love and take the risks of connection,
which is also the major tenet of EFT approach.
This workshop is going BEYOND neuroscience, attempting to show the ways of integrating Polyvagal Theory and EFT in our clinical practice:
- Getting to know your Nervous System. Polyvagal Ladder.
- To communicate clinically relevant features of Polyvagal Theory.
- Why distressed clients continually move through an enduring cycle of fight or flight mobilisation, numbness and disconnect?
- Polyvagal and EFT. Where do they meet?
- Why we access primary emotion for change in EFT?
- How to apply polyvagal lens and EFT in re-patterning the ways the ANS operates, when the drive to survive competes with the longing to connect with others?
- How to access clients’ Social Engagement System to co-regulate and help to shift their experiences and personal narratives to feeling heroic and not victimised?
You are welcome:
– If you at least have attended Introductory EFT Overview workshops and read “Creating Connections. Practice of EFT” by Sue Johnson,
– Or participated in EFT International Schools,
– Or/and are at any stage of your EFT training and development.
Time and Duration:
10am till 4/4.30pm (Registration 9.30am)
Canada Water Library
21 Surrey Quays Rd, London SE16 7AR
(next door to Canada Water tube, Jubilee line)
We normally take a decision as to whether we have sufficient numbers to run an event six weeks prior to the event.
If you are having to travel to London, we suggest that you bear this in mind when making your travel and accommodation arrangements as we cannot be held liable for any costs incurred if we have to cancel an event.
Please take care of your personal safety and your belongings while at our training events. We are not responsible for any accident or personal injury that occurs during our training events or items that are lost or stolen during our courses and workshops.
EFT International School reserves the right to amend, change or cancel workshops or trainers at its own discretion due to circumstances beyond our control.